A healthy diet of whole, unprocessed foods can provide the body with a broad spectrum of vitamins and minerals. However, even the best diets are sometimes unable to keep up with our needs, especially during times of stress, illness, intense exercise, suboptimal digestion, or any other circumstances that increase our demand for nutrients. A high-quality daily multivitamin helps ensure a good foundation for key nutrients that support overall health and wellbeing.
Twice Daily MultiTM contains a blend of vitamins and minerals that are difficult to obtain from food alone. This specially designed product includes minerals in chelated form. Chelation is the bonding of minerals to amino acids, which results in molecules that are more easily assimilated by the body. The old saying—“you are what you eat”—is only half true. You are what you eat and absorb. Chelated minerals are better absorbed, retained and used in the body.
- B Vitamins – required for efficient metabolism throughout the body and as coenzymes in a multitude of processes for physical and psychological health. In particular, the high amounts of B6, B12, and folate help maintain proper levels of homocysteine, an important marker for heart health.
- Chromium – necessary for effective blood sugar control, which can be helpful for weight management and cardiovascular health. This mineral works synergistically with biotin, which also supports healthy carbohy- drate and fat metabolism, and also promotes healthy hair and nails.
- Vitamins C & E, and Alpha Lipoic Acid – antioxidant nutrients that enhance the immune system and help minimize the oxidative effects of everyday metabolic stressors. This product contains vitamin E as mixed to- copherols with a high percentage in the d-gamma form, which has been shown to be the most active of the vitamin E family.
- Zinc – strengthens the immune system and aids in protein synthesis and proper appetite control.
- Iodine and Selenium – support healthy thyroid function, thereby helping to maintain optimal energy levels and metabolic rate.
- Boron – a trace element that is low in the modern food supply, but is required for healthy bones.Twice Daily MultiTM does not include calcium or magnesium partly because it might require four to six or more capsules daily to get an appropriate dose of these minerals. Also, because dietary intake of these minerals varies significantly among people, it is prudent to tailor the dosage more closely to individual needs by working with a health care practitioner.