Tri-KTM offers vitamin K in three synergistic forms designed to work together to provide a clinically useful dose that can maintain healthy levels of this vitamin in the body.
This formulation contains:
- 1000 mcg of vitamin K-1 – the naturally occurring form of the vitamin that is found in vegetables
- 1000 mcg of vitamin K-2 (MK-4) – the highly bioavailable form normally produced within the body from gut microflora; this form is also found in meat
- 50 mcg of vitamin K-2 (MK-7) – the form of vitamin K that metabolizes slowly, included in this formula to provide a continuous source of the vitamin in between supplementation dosesWhy choose Tri-KTM?
Research suggests that higher levels of vitamin K are needed by the body in order to maintain optimal health. An important natural function of vitamin K is its role in activating certain proteins that direct calcium in the body where it is used to build bone and discourages the deposition of calcium in the arteries, helping to maintain healthy arteries and blood vessels. Over time, factors such as diet, aging, and antibiotic use can create more of a demand for the vitamin.
This allergen-free, carefully designed formula supports the following:
- Bone health – vitamin K is essential for the functioning of the proteins that are involved in the continuous metabolism of bone cells in the body. Many bone-building cells are dependent upon the availability of vitamin K. Supplementation can be useful in helping to maintain healthy bones throughout all stages of life.
- Cardiovascular health – can help preserve the “elastic properties” of arteries (the quality of arteries that allows them to be flexible and pump blood efficiently). It can therefore support overall cardiovascular health and contribute to the maintenance of healthy blood pressure.
- Joint health – supports a healthy inflammatory response and helps maintain a healthy level of calcium within joints, thereby supporting general joint integrity
- Support with antibiotic use – can be helpful during periods of antibiotic therapy, a time when the body’s natural vitamin K production may be less than adequate
- Synergistic support in conjunction with vitamin D supplementation – vitamins D and K work together in the body. If you are using a vitamin D supplement, vitamin K may be useful in optimizing the body’s use of both nutrients.