Thyroid SynergyTM is a synergistic formulation specifically designed to offer nutritional support for healthy thyroid function.* The thyroid is one of the body’s main glands. It is responsible for regulating the body’s metabolism and energy production, which affects virtually every tissue and cell. Your body relies on the thyroid gland for fat burning and sugar metabolism; it also affects brain development, bone metabolism, and skin, hair, eyes, heart and intestinal function.
Like all of our glands, the thyroid needs supportive nutrients from food or supplements for it to function properly. The pituitary gland produces thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH), which is needed in order to give thyroid cells the message to make thyroxine. Thyroxine, known as T4, needs to be converted into active triiodothyronine, or T3. In order for this conversion to happen successfully, not only must the appropriate precursors and coenzymes be available, but proper levels of the critical hormones cortisol and insulin must also be maintained. Cortisol is our stress-fighting hormone, while insulin is needed to regulate sugar metabolism.
Highlights of Thyroid SynergyTM
- American Ginseng root – Helps maintain healthy cortisol, blood glucose and insulin levels, along with a balanced conversion of thyroid hormone.*
- Coleus Forskohlii extract – Promotes the proper function of TSH, which stimulates the synthesis and secretion of T3 and T4 thyroid hormones.* This herb also supports the normal breakdown of body fat to use as energy.*
- Selenium – This mineral is a key constituent in the conversion of T4 to the more active T3. Additionally, selenium supports the generation of a very powerful antioxidant known as glutathione, and reduces the effects of free radicals and mercury to the thyroid gland.*
- Potassium Iodine – Iodine is an essential component of thyroid hormones and is necessary for normal thyroid function. If the body is deficient in iodine, the thyroid will have trouble making enough thyroid hormone. Potassium is included as it is necessary for getting thyroid hormones into our cells, and is also very energizing.*
- Tyrosine and Copper – Support the production of “feel good” compounds such as dopamine and norepinephrine, which promote a level, stable mood.*
- Chromium, Zinc and Manganese – These minerals are needed for support of the thyroid gland by maintaining healthy insulin, glucose and cholesterol levels.*