Designs for Health’s PurePeaTM powder is delicious and very easy to digest. Made from North American grown yellow peas, this product contains no dairy, making it ideal for even the strictest vegetarians. And, it is produced with a natural fermen- tation process which uses no chemical solvents.
Pea protein is a safe alternative for people with allergies to milk and milk products who must avoid casein or whey proteins, and for those with lactose intolerance.
Clear Advantages Over Soy
- Easy to absorb _ does not contain anti-nutritional factors such as phytates and tannins that are found in soy which can inhibit absorption of minerals including iron, zinc, and calcium. Vegan diets are also known to be high in phytates.
- Soy is known to have estrogenic effects that are not always desired. Pea protein contains low levels of isoflavones (estro- gen-like compounds), minimizing possible estrogenic effects.
- Low Allergen
- Non-GMO (not genetically modified)
- Fructose-freePurePeaTM for athletes
PurePeaTM may benefit:
• Athletes/bodybuilders sensitive to whey
• People with dairy allergies/lactose intolerance
For athletes and bodybuilders who cannot tolerate whey protein, PurePeaTM is a great choice. It contains a well-balanced amino acid profile, close to that of whey protein. Its excellent array of these building blocks of protein, including high levels of BCAAs (branched chain amino acids), makes it a great protein source for athletes and anyone who is physically active. PurePeaTM is excellent to use before, during, and after exercise, as adequate in- take of protein (in particular BCAAs) supports healthy muscles, particularly after strenuous resistance training.