Pregnenolone is a hormone precursor naturally produced within various cells of the body including the brain, retina, myelin sheaths, adrenal glands, liver, skin, thymus, and testes or ovaries. It can then be converted into other hormones such as DHEA, progesterone, estrogen, testosterone, cortisol and aldosterone. Pregnenolone is present in high levels in the brain and is associated with healthy neurological function and hormone balance.
People who could benefit from supplementing with Pregnenolone CRTTM include:
- The aging population
- Individuals in need of thyroid support
- Anyone with lifestyle factors such as suboptimal nutrition, excessive exercise, vegetarian diets, and inadequate sleep
- Those on cholesterol lowering therapy (such as statin drugs) or corticosteroid treatment (such as cortisone)
Benefits of Pregnenolone CRTTM:
- Cognitive performance – may help support healthy cognitive function and memory. Studies suggest that the conversion of pregnenolone to estrogen in the brain may have neuroprotective benefits.
- Energy levels – can have a positive effect on the brain and be helpful in sustaining energy, particularly during times of stress.
- Skin health – may be useful in maintaining skin hydration.
- Menstrual cycle tension – women who naturally produce lower levels of pregnenolone are more susceptible to experiencing occasional tension during their menstrual cycle. Supplementation may be helpful in offering relief when these occurrences take place.
Controlled Release Technology
Pregnenolone CRTTM has a unique delivery system designed to provide a very slow (10-12 hour) continuous release of pregnenolone in a very uniform manner, helping to eliminate the spikes or surges that may be associated with other delivery systems. This technology more closely resembles the way this hormone is normally released in the body and allows for convenient once-daily dosing.