OmegatropicTM is a unique omega-3 fatty acid formulation, combining the two essential fatty acids, EPA and DHA, with glycerophosphocholine (GPC), a compound found in the brain. Together, these ingredients help support brain health and function.
Omega-3 fatty acids are the healthy components in fish oil. They are known as essential fatty acids (EFAs) because the body cannot manufacture them, making it essential to consume them in the diet or obtain them through supplementation. The omega-3 fatty acids in this product are derived from fish oils in their natural triglyceride (TG) form—the same way they naturally occur in fish. It is only when consumed in this natural TG form that they are most easily digested and available for the body to use.
Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA) – beneficial for supporting a healthy brain, balanced emotions, skin health, normal cholesterol levels, and a proper inflammatory response
- Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) – supports proper brain development and function, visual acuity, maintenance of normal triglyceride levels and blood pressure, eye development and a healthy pregnancy for expectant mothers
- Glycerophosphocholine (GPC): a naturally occurring compound in all cells and also in mother’s milk. GPC is a supportive nutrient for the brain and a building block for phospholipids, the main structural components of cell membranes—similar to the load- bearing walls of a house. Adequate availability of GPC and synthesis of brain phospholipids help us think, sleep and remember. (A baby’s growing brain and its constant assimilation of information and sensory input explains why GPC is a critical component in mother’s milk.) GPC also helps build neurotransmitters, the chemicals in the brain that deliver messages and support cognitive function and a healthy mood.
Benefits of OmegatropicTM
- Supplies building blocks for brain tissue: DHA and EPA are critical nutrients that are integrated into the membranes of brain cells. They help keep these membranes “fluid” so they can give and receive messages effectively to enhance brain function. GPC is another critical component of the brain’s cell membranes. When present in adequate amounts, GPC allows the body to naturally rebuild brain cells.
- Protects brain cells: DHA and EPA protect brain cells from damaging free radicals that may impair memory, cognitive function, and mood. By assisting the body’s natural process of rebuilding brain cells, GPC plays an important role in protecting brain tissue.
- Supports cognitive function: GPC provides a component of acetyl- choline, the primary neurotransmitter in the brain. Acetylcholine helps transfer messages throughout the brain and is important for learning, memory, behavior and all cognitive functions. The cells in the brain responsible for producing acetylcholine can diminish as we age.