The fast pace of the modern world presents us with sensory inputs that can overstimulate the brain, making it difficult to maintain balanced moods, emotional stability, and proper focus and attention. The myriad of psychological stressors we face can be challenging to process in a calm and collected manner. The neurotransmitters that facilitate psychological health—including positive mental outlook, balanced perspective, and the ability to cope with everyday stress—depend on the availability of the nutrients they’re made from. NeurolinkTM is a blend of these nutrients, designed to support balanced moods, mental focus, and healthy responses to emotional stress. These nutrients are present in food, but during periods of heightened stress, additional supplementation can be helpful to ensure that the body has adequate amounts to meet its needs.
Calm response to stress
- GABA (gamma-Aminobutyric acid) – the primary calming neurotransmitter in the central nervous system. It may be helpful for mitigating occasional feelings of anxiousness, and facilitating proper focus.
- L-Glutamine – an amino acid building block for GABA. Glutamine is a conditionally essential amino acid, meaning that during times when a healthy response to stress is needed, the amount obtained from food may not be sufficient, and supplementation may be beneficial.
- Taurine – a compound derived from the amino acid cysteine; supports a calm response to stress
- Inositol – a unique carbohydrate, recognized for its calming effect, which can be helpful for maintaining balanced emotions in occasional stressful situations and for supporting restful sleep (along with GABA)
Focus, attention and a positive mental outlook
- Tyrosine – the precursor to dopamine, a neurotransmitter associated with learning, attention and mood. Healthy dopamine levels support the ability to apply focus and attention, and maintain a positive mental outlook. Tyrosine is also an essential component of thyroid hormone, with the thyroid gland being a key regulator of the body’s metabolism. Appropriate amounts of thyroid hormone may support steady energy levels, and help maintain a healthy body weight.
- 5-HTP (5-hydroxytryptophan) is the precursor to the neurotransmitter serotonin, commonly referred to as the “feel good” hormone—one that facilitates a positive mental outlook. 5-HTP is produced from the essential amino acid tryptophan, which is relatively low in the food supply, even in protein-rich foods.
Vitamin B-6 – required enzyme cofactor for the synthesis of several neurotransmitters, including GABA, dopamine, norepinephrine and serotonin