Metal-X-SynergyTM is a natural formula designed to support the normal process of detoxifying heavy metals from the body such as aluminum, arsenic, cadmium, lead, and mercury, without many of the common side effects found with the use of harsh synthetic chelating agents.
Heavy metals cannot be adequately metabolized or eliminated from the body and therefore, can accumulate in tissues and bones. They have a special affinity for fatty tissues such as those found in the central nervous system. The array of ingredients in Metal-X-SynergyTM work together to decrease the total heavy metal burden, blocking the initial absorption of metals into the body’s tissues and organs, pulling them out more effectively, and also helping to decrease the opportunity for metals to be reabsorbed by the body.
What is Chelation?
Chelation is the process of forming a bond between a compound and a metal atom. Agents that chelate have the ability to bind to metal atoms. After binding, the compound is considered safer and is better able to be excreted by the body. Heavy metal chelation is often accomplished by synthetic chelating agents. However, many of these chelators also bind to important minerals, leading to a loss of these minerals. Natural plant-based chelators, such as those found in Metal-X-SynergyTM are more selective and bind to metals without the risk of depleting minerals.
- Modified Citrus Pectin: Pectin is a polysaccharide (a complex carbohydrate) found in the cell wall of many citrus fruits. Citrus pectin is normally too large to work effectively inside cells; however, the modified citrus pectin in this product was developed using a unique proprietary process which allows for the correct low molecular weight and structure of pectin necessary for it to enter cells and help chelate heavy metals.
- Modified Alginate Complex: Alginates are the carbohydrates that make up the cell wall of seaweed and have the distinct capability to bind heavy metals to their own molecules. Alginates work mainly in the gastrointestinal tract to prevent reabsorption of toxins as they are being pulled from tissues.
- Chlorella (as broken cell wall chlorella to unlock its benefits and allow for greater bioavailability): Chlorella is a green algae that not only offers a rich supply of nutrients for the digestive, circulatory, and respiratory systems, but also has the ability to bind to metals after they are released from tissues, and help prevent reabsorption.
- Glutathione: Glutathione is a peptide made up of three amino acids with impressive antioxidant properties so it protects tissues from heavy metals and helps the liver convert toxins into safer compounds via safe detoxification.
- N-Acetyl-Cysteine (NAC): NAC is an amino acid that supports healthy liver function and has strong antioxidant capabilities to help protect tissues from toxins. It is also a precursor to glutathione, helping to replenish this nutrient.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA): ALA is a powerful antioxidant that can easily pass through cell membranes and aid the chelation process inside the cell.