Metabolic SynergyTM is a comprehensive multivitamin and mineral formula designed to support healthy carbohydrate metabolism and protect the body from oxidative damage. This formula includes helpful compounds rarely found in other multivitamins—such as green tea extract, taurine, inositol, carnosine, and benfotiamine. The main minerals in Metabolic SynergyTM are in chelated form, which increases their bioavailability and contributes to sustained levels of these nutrients in the body.
Why choose this formula?
The combination of overly stressful lives and modern diets high in refined carbohydrates is extremely taxing on the body. The main organs that help control healthy blood sugar levels—the pancreas and liver—take an especially damaging hit. When we consume too many carbohydrates over a long period of time, we can lose the ability to maintain healthy blood glucose levels. Sustained elevated blood glucose can lead to suboptimal glucose metabolism, which has a damaging effect on the human body.
A dedicated program of lifestyle changes and a diet of whole, unprocessed foods that are low in carbohydrates are crucial factors for maintaining overall health. Supplementing with key nutrients that aid in the conversion of carbohydrates to energy can lend additional support for optimal wellness.
- B vitamins – Required for energy production at the cellular level; the B vitamins in this formula occur in their active and most potent forms: B12 as methylcobalamin, B6 as pyridoxal-5-phosphate, and folate as NatureFolateTM – a naturally occurring folate (as opposed to synthetic folic acid)
- Chromium, vanadium, & biotin – Aid in healthy insulin sensitivity, glucose tolerance and carbohydrate metabolism
- Carnosine, benfotiamine, & lipoic acid – Unique compounds shown to have antioxidant properties; they help protect retinal, kidney, and nerve cells – the ones at greatest risk from suboptimal blood sugar metabolism
- Magnesium – Balances calcium intake and supports healthy blood pressure
- Selenium & iodine – Minerals essential for the production of thyroid hormones, with thyroid function being responsible for influencing the body’s metabolism
- Taurine – Antioxidant and liver support; needed for the production of bile salts, which are components of bile – the fluid secreted from the gallbladder needed for the digestion of fats
- Molybdenum – Found in the liver and kidneys; plays a role in the detoxification process
- Vitamin A & zinc – Support immune function and eye health, both of which can be affected by blood glucose levels